WELCOME TO WHITE WILLOW FAMILY & COSMETIC DENTISTRY
COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS – SCARBOROUGH, ON
An Investment You Won’t Regret
Comparing costs of dental implants can be difficult, and not always an effective way to find out if you’ll be able to afford the procedure. Most prices don’t match up because there are countless factors, unique to specific situations, that go into assessing the cost of the process. Some of these include how many implants need to be placed, the location of them, and what type of restorations you need. Because each patient’s treatment differs so drastically from the next, the best way to get an answer to the question “How much do dental implants cost?” is to schedule a consultation with one of our talented dentists at White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry.
Types of Dental Implants
One of the most important factors in determining the cost of your procedure is what type of restoration you will need and how many implants will be placed. This modern restorative treatment is incredibly versatile, but the more teeth you’re missing, the greater the chance you’ll be looking at a higher up-front cost.
The different types of implants available are:
- Single Tooth Implant- If you’re missing a single tooth, it will require the placement of one titanium post to replace the root of the tooth, and a custom-crafted crown to restore the biting surface of it.
- Implant Bridge- If you’re missing multiple teeth in a row, we may suggest an implant bridge. These don’t require any alteration of your surrounding healthy teeth, like traditional bridges do. Implants will also stimulate and preserve your jawbone, giving the restoration added stability, support, and strength.
- Implant-Retained Denture- If you’re missing all of your teeth or an entire arch, you’ll need an implant-retained denture. These restorations eliminate the need for adhesive and relying on natural suction. They provide you with added support so you can smile, speak, and eat with complete confidence.
What are the Stages of Dental Implant Treatment?
No matter how many teeth you’re missing, the process of getting dental implants is the same. Dr. Samantha Amaro will kick off your journey with a thorough evaluation of your mouth during an initial consultation. This is followed by any preparatory procedures such as bone grafts or gum disease therapy, the dental implant surgery, and finally, the placement of your custom restorations. The procedure takes place over several months due to required healing time between certain steps.
Each portion of the process is scheduled at separate times, meaning that you won’t have to pay for the entire procedure all at once. Instead, the fees will be broken down into these phases:
- The Initial Consultation
- Implant Placement Surgery
- Abutment Placement
- Securing the Custom Restoration
It is important to remember that any preparatory procedures such as bone grafts, sinus lifts, periodontal therapy, and tooth extractions will include an additional cost.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Investment?
Patients and professionals will agree that dental implants are a wise investment in your long-term oral health and confidence. While there are multiple tooth-replacement options available, none of them provide the strength, longevity, and stability that implants do. Here are some additional benefits that patients enjoy:
- Easy Maintenance- Because dental implants are the closest restorative solution to your home-grown teeth, you can care for them in the same way. All you need is a soft-bristled toothbrush, non-abrasive toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, and regular visits to your dentist in Scarborough every six months.
- Natural Look and Feel- Our dental laboratory works closely with our dentists to ensure that the restoration matches our specifications and achieves results that look and feel natural and realistic. Because they’ll be fused with your jaw, you’ll be able to chew and speak with ease, allowing you premium functionality.
- Boosted Confidence- Having a smile with holes in it can wear on your self-esteem and begin to impact your daily quality of life. With a completed and restored grin, you can let it show with complete confidence because people won’t be focusing on the gaps between your teeth when you talk.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
The majority of dental insurance companies still consider implants in Scarborough a cosmetic service, which means they won’t cover the procedure. However, it’s always worth it to call your provider directly, because this is beginning to change. You may find relief in knowing that parts of the process may be covered by your benefits, including:
- Custom Restoration
- Initial Consultation
If you need any help navigating your insurance plan, our team of dental professionals at White Willow Family & Cosmetic Dentistry would love to help.